OUR LIST OF MEP CONSULTANT SERVICES BY RIBA STAGES
See below for our list of services as highly experienced MEP Consultants. With offices in London, Edinburgh and Newcastle, we can provide designs throughout the UK, provided by our esteemed group of engineers. The Services below follows the RIBA Stages of work, so clients and architects alike can see what we provide at each stage. At JPA, we ensure that our internal Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health (MEP) Design Engineers are innovative in our solutions providing tailored packages for each and every call off.
Contact us for a quotation on any service, we would be delighted to hear from you.
RIBA Stages 0-1
Defining the Brief
Contracting us at this stage may not be entirely necessary, however it may be that guidance is sought for possible feasibilities and options.
We can provide detailed breakdowns of possible M&E Consultancy options, with some indicative costs, advantages and disadvantages of different solutions.
Our fee for this is minimal for large projects, and often we will give advice for free.
- Prepare Client Requirements
- Develop Business Case for feasible options including
review of Project Risks and Project Budget
- Ratify option that best delivers Client Requirements
- Review Feedback from previous projects
- Undertake Site Appraisal
RIBA STAGE 1 MEP Consultancy Services
Leading in MEP Design
This is what we do
We are a unique MEP Design practice dedicated to give you, the Client, the highest quality of service.
From RIBA Stage 0 through to RIBA Stage 7, we will lead and guide you through the design period with fast responses, detailed guidance and cost options.
RIBA Stage 2
Stage 2 involves developing the concept design, from the initial brief. Early plans will be available at this stage from the architect, for the project team to use.
At this stage we will start to guide the project team on M&E systems that are viable and applicable to both the requirement and the budget.
Various aspects of Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Engineering will be discussed for the client to make some early key decisions. Our valued experience in a range of key projects ensures that the team are satisfied.
- Prepare Project Brief including Project Outcomes and Sustainability Outcomes, Quality Aspirations and Spatial Requirements
- Agree Project Budget
- Source Site Information including Site Surveys
- Prepare Project Programme
- Prepare Project Execution Plan
RIBA STAGE 2 MEP DESIGN SERVICES
Consultancy Services at RIBA Stage 2 may include:-
RIBA Stage 3
The developed design stage involves the dictation of the MEP services, the standards that are to be designed to and the high level co-ordination of Building Services.
In this stage, we would guide the projects team on spatial requirements, using load assessments and basic equipment selection to ensure that efficient space usage is achieved.
At this stage, it is very common for the initial routes to be drawn on for M&E contractor to take forward in a Design and Build Contract.
- Undertake Design Studies, Engineering Analysis and Cost Exercises to test Architectural Concept resulting in Spatially Coordinated design aligned to updated Cost Plan, Project Strategies and Outline Specification
- Initiate Change Control Procedures
- Prepare stage Design Programme
- Prepare and submit Planning Application
RIBA STAGE 3 MEP DESIGN SERVICES
RIBA Stage 4
Detailed MEP DESIGN
Stage 4 is the detailed design stage, where all detailed M&E Calculations and Drawings are submitted for pricing and technical review by the Client team.
All sizes should be shown and equipment in the correct locations.
This is where most of the work is done, and where most teams will fail to put the required level of detail on the drawings. For us, the drawings should be art, with all applicable design commissioning data applicable to the service, on the drawing.
- Develop architectural and engineering technical design
- Prepare and coordinate design team
- Building Systems information
- Prepare and integrate specialist subcontractor
- Building Systems information
- Prepare stage Design Programme
- Submit Building Regulations
- Application Discharge precommencement
- Planning Conditions
- Prepare Construction Phase Plan
- Submit form F10 to HSE if applicable
RIBA STAGE 4 MEP ConsultanT Services
RIBA Stage 5
The construction stage should not be underestimated in complexity for any project. Stage 5 involves ensuring that every height and setting out dimension is readily available on the drawing, for the contractor to prefabricate and install.
Designing for off-site fabrication should take place in this period, identifying areas where sections can be bolted together offsite and brought onto site for a plug and play type installation.
The only difference in the drawings between this stage, and stage 4, should be the setting out dimensions and pre-fabrication drawings. All valves and sockets etc. should all be on the stage 4 drawings. There should be no surprises, and this is what we ensure our team deliver, time and time again.
Site assistance is also crucial within this stage, and our service here is why we feel we excel. We respond quickly, we are self-managed, and above all we deliver efficiently.
- Finalise Site Logistics
- Manufacture Building Systems and construct building
- Monitor progress against Construction Programme
- Inspect Construction Quality
- Resolve Site Queries as required
- Undertake Commissioning of building
- Prepare Building Manual
RIBA STAGE 5 MEP ConsultanT Services
RIBA Stage 6
Handover and Close Out
Handing over of the project in stage 6, marks the start of the post occupancy period. The contract should now be closed out, and aftercare started.
It is crucial in this stage to ensure all snags are picked up by the Design team for the contractor to complete, prior to handover.
All documentation should be inspected by the Design and Client team.
JPA MEP Consultants can ensure that this process is efficient and painless, with our experienced and diverse team.
RIBA STAGE 6 DESIGN SERVICES
RIBA Stage 7
Post Occupancy Evaluation is often overlooked, but is important to set lessons learnt for future and similar schemes. It also ensures that the occupier is satisfied with the outcome of the project.
Post-Occupancy Evaluation (POE) is the process of obtaining feedback on a building’s performance in use.
Post-Occupancy Evaluation will:
- Highlight any immediate teething problems that can be addressed and solved
- Identify any gaps in communication and understanding that impact on the building operation
- Provide lessons that can be used to improve design and procurement on future projects
- Act as a benchmarking aid to compare across projects and over time.
RIBA STAGE 7 DESIGN Services
Consultancy Services at RIBA stage 7 may include:-
OUR KEY PROJECTS
OUR MEP CONSULTANTS SERVICES
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATES (EPC)
Energy Performance Certificates are required for both commercial and domestic applications for sale or rent. Energy Performance Certificates can only be produced by Qualified Energy Assessors. Our in house assessors can turn EPCs round in quick fashion, with next day delivery service available at an extra cost.